July 28th!?!?!? that was the last post! Holy crap that was forever ago. I don't even know where to begin. I will just start with everything that Olivia is doing now. Here's a list:
- blabbing...A LOT
- pulling herself up on to you if you are lying down
- reaches everywhere
- can't crawl but is rotating 360 degrees
- giggling...and pointing
- she has balanced for almost 5 seconds on her own...scary!
- motorboating....which is hilarious!
We also went to Omaha to a family BBQ hosted by Liz's sister, Rachel. It was great to see family. We also went to the World Famous Henry Doorley Zoo! The new attraction is the Skyfari. For those that don't know it is a ski-lift that takes you over parts of the zoo that can't be seen from the paths. I already am NOT a fan of heights but every one (Liz and Rachel) thought it would be a great idea for me take Olivia with me. There are no seatbelts and I was praying that she would remain calm. About halfway through the trip the binky falls into the rhino pit....que the Meltdown! That point on I was scared....first that I would drop her and then that we would be reported to Child Services for taking her on this stupid ride! Everything turned out okay and some rhino is able to calm themselves with the help of a bink!
School has been going on for about 3 and half weeks. Boy has it been an adjustment! Being home all summer with no real schedule and then being smacked right in the face with structure has taken some time to get used to. I have been leaving for work at roughly 6:40 and get home at roughly 6:30pm. During that time, I try to convince kids that I would rather be at work than at home with my girls....plus teach them important History and life lessons...duh. This year has been a blessing so far. My kids are completely different that last years crew. The 8th grade teachers already know what I was talking about all last year. I am also continuing with coaching 3 sports; football, basketball, and track. I am also a co-sponsor of Student Council and help with FCA(fellowship of christian athletes) at our school. The easy part is the last two because they don't require anytime outside of the school day. Liz is doing a great job being a Mom. For those that say that being a stay at home mom is easy...please! The amount of work that is done at home is crazy. I always thought it would so easy to be a stay at home dad....nope....I couldn't do it. I would be too hard! So next time you see Liz...give her a "atta girl!"
Seriously?
Last weekend, the Huskers played their first game of the season. I don't know what the prediction will be for the year, but I hope we just beat Mizzouri...the egos are out of control and the media has hyped them to levels unheard of...can't take all the black and gold either! So if you are reading this and would like to donate tickets to the Arasmith's for a Husker home game we would gladly accept. Bonus offer! You can take care of Olivia during that time! What a special! She will even wear her adorable Husker Cheerleader outfit! So far Olivia has never seen the Huskers lose! 2-0....victories over Clemson in the Gator Bowl and then Florida Atlantic. We maybe on to something here!
Okay the moment you have all been waiting for....pictures: here they are! ENJOY!
Playing in the laundry basket!
watching the ducks by our picnic
beautiful!
Beware if you see this face...you will pay!!!!! j/k!
3 comments:
bout dang time you updated! oohhhh dang she's cute. Your stories are so funny...laughed outloud a few times reading and reading again to Ry about the Rhino. HA! I would have been crapping my pants probably. YIKES
yeah for an update! That was a good one, too. You definitely made up for it. :) Just don't wait anothe 6 weeks... great stories! Rhino pit was awesome- I too would have not enjoyed the ride for fear of dropping a child. But I'm still up for trying it out!
Great update. Olivia is getting cuter all the time, which we didn't think was possible. It was so great to meet her and play with her at Grandpa and Grandma Arasmith's and of course to see both of you too. Nicole and I and our granddaughter Thea went to Henry Doorly before school started and I completely agree with Todd, I am not up for heights anymore, so of course when I started freaking out, my ""precious"" granddaughter decided to rock the seat. NEVER AGAIN! Glad you are all back in the groove of another school year. Hopefully, the Huskers can continue their winning streak this weekend. Good to hear from you again and thank you for letting us meet your precious daughter. Love, Floyd and Kayla
Post a Comment