Monday, July 6, 2009

The dud that was July 4th.

While most of the United States was saying Happy Birthday with festive fireworks on July 4th, the Raintree lake community was not among them. Why you ask....well good question? Every year our Home Owners Association puts on a massive fireworks production that rivals some of the bigger shows in KC. This year there has been a little dispute over some land...blah blah blah. you can read about it here . Bottom line....No fireworks. So what did we do...mind you we found this out on our way walking to the lake to view the show. it was approximately 9:05. We rushed back and then jumped in to the car and drove as close as possible to the Lee's Summit Firework Show. We stopped about 2 miles away and just watched...nearly not as cool but you gotta do what you gotta do. Bummer.

Other than that the summer has been going really well. Olivia is just over 6 months old. It is crazy to think she is that old already. Liz and I were talking the other day and she said it feels so long ago that we were in hospital waiting for delivery. I told her that it felt just like yesterday. Interesting the two perspectives. The summer is half over already. I start school on August 12th....meetings....students arrive a week later. Still seems so early. This school year will probably be a lot better.

Good news to report. I have been named the new basketball coach at Campbell Middle. It has been great coaching basketball and now I get the opportunity to be THE coach. The pressure will be a little different, but I am excited.

Here are some pictures of Olivia at 6 months!

No comments: