So...where do I begin? Lets start with Olivia. She has developed one nasty rash! We took her to the doctor and they told us that it was a viral rash...so I guess this is the first time Olivia has been sick? She has a small temp, but nothing to worry about. The rash should be gone in a few days....it just doesn't look comfortable. We can probably conclude that is the reason why she is not sleeping very well. Her schedule was amazing pre-trips to Branson and C-bus waking up 1 time in the night...since then she has been all out of wack! FRUSTRATING!!!
Olivia is starting to eat rice cereal. She struggled understanding to swallow the food, but by day three she is a champ!She first got frustrated and said....GIVE ME THE BOWL...I will just eat the plastic and all!!!
The other bit of news was our house got painted. Holy Smokes does it look awesome and way different. Almost brand new! I hope people don't drive trying to visit and end up missing our house. The guys that painted did the entire house in one day. They had two days of prep work...putting up new boards on the seams, replacing wood rot, and caulking/sanding. They had a few sprayers and just went to town. Imagine if you will 25 mph winds...35 foot ladders...and trying to paint. I can't even begin to describe hour fast they scaled the ladders. AND!!! if they they need to move down the house...no need to get off the ladder to move it just hop it over while still 30 feet in the air! I about had a heart attack watching that!!! I will include some pictures of the new paint job below. NEW paint versus old Notice the 1x3's that I had put on the seams of the siding. It provides moisture protection and adds a little but of architectural flare to it. We were really surprised on how nice it looks!Liz is enjoying be a stay at home mom. She is working around 10 hours a week, so that is nice. I on the other hand I am counting down the days until the school year is over....I want to say we only have something like 18 "teaching" days left...we have more but it is celebration/procedural type stuff. It has been a long year....coaching 3 sports, having Olivia, and this group of kids has been a challenge. I think that is the best way to put it. Liz has been wonderful support and coming home each night to see Olivia is such a blessing! I can't wait until I am with her everyday this summer! NO Summer School for me...not teaching, not administrating, or taking classes..............in the words of William Wallace..............FREEDOM!!!!!!
Can't wait for the big M-Day weekend. Thinking about a wiffle ball tourney?? Maybe a little sand volleyball? Something to burn off the mass consumption of meat. Liz
4 comments:
Arasmiths,
LOVE the new house! Very nice work. We still on for Memorial Weekend?...of course we are! T minus 24 days...
Olivia's pics look great, too. She is rocking the pink hat. =)
brother! can't wait to stay in the luxury INN!! 4 weeks!!
she's gettin' UGE!!!!!
Can't wait for the big M-Day weekend. Thinking about a wiffle ball tourney?? Maybe a little sand volleyball? Something to burn off the mass consumption of meat.
Liz
PS...Is it sad that I don't know how to login to post on our own blog??
Post a Comment